This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links.
With an ideal sleep time of 8 hours per day, in general humans will spend a third of his age on the mattress. Long enough, no? Conscious or not we do spend a lot of time in the bedroom, especially on the mattress. Therefore, the mattress that we use everyday certainly affects the smoothness of our daily activities.
A quality mattress will also improve the quality of our sleep. The better the quality of sleep every night, of course the more productive we are during the day.
That is why it is not wrong to declare a mattress as one of the long-term investments, because usually we will use the same mattress for 10 years and of course it will affect our health in the future.
At present, how is the quality of your sleep? Have you ever had trouble sleeping? Often wake up suddenly at night and experience back pain?
The problem may not only be in your body, but in your bed as well. The physical form of an old mattress may not always be obvious changes, so you are not sure when to replace the mattress.
However, there are several factors you can consider to determine whether it’s time to replace an old mattress with a new one, including:
- The mattress is more than 10 years old.
- You often wake up with pain or rheumatic pain in the waist, back, or shoulders.
- You spend more than 15 minutes finding a comfortable posture on your own bed before you finally manage to sleep.
- You feel the mattress or other beds are more comfortable and comfortable, and can make you wake up feeling more refreshed.
- One of these problems might appear as a sign that you need to buy a new mattress.
How to choose the right mattress? We will give some advice on choosing the right mattress for your body. Read to the end, let’s go!
Tips for Choosing a Mattress
Comfort is the Top Priority
The most important thing you should pay attention to when buying a mattress is comfort. As long as you still feel uncomfortable on the bed, of course you can not expect quality sleep. So when you choose a mattress, it’s important to try sitting or sleeping on it. It’s not something strange to try a mattress in a store before buying it.
This is important because everyone has different needs and no mattress is made to meet all those needs. A person’s needs will depend on the shape and weight of the body, so make sure you are comfortable with trying out a mattress before buying it.
If you can’t find a comfortable position after trying to sit or lie on it, it might not be the right mattress for you. You should try other types or models of mattresses. The choice of your mattress will not cure insomnia or illness that makes you difficult to sleep, but a mattress that is uncomfortable or does not suit your needs will increase the problem of sleep.
One more thing that might need attention about comfort. If you sleep with a partner, you need to invite your partner to choose a mattress to buy. That way, you and your partner can make sure the mattress you buy is comfortable and enough for both of you.
Pay attention to the mattress size
Even if you sleep alone, it doesn’t mean you have to buy a single mattress. If you really need a large surface to add to your sleep comfort, choose a mattress with a double size.
The thing to remember is that size not only means width, but also height of the mattress. Ideally the mattress should be 10 to 15 cm taller than your height.
There is no universal standard that regulates the size or name of the type of case, so there is no guarantee that the use of the terms King, Queen, Double, King Single or Single between one brand with other brands refers to the same size. Each mattress manufacturer has a different size system.
Adjust to the Bedroom Size
The previous point is related to this point. Even if you want a king size bed, you might not buy it if your room is narrow or too small.
Of course you need to leave enough space to remain comfortable in your room. Do not let the size of your mattress cover access to open windows, cabinets, use a dressing table, or leave no room for storing belongings.
Don’t forget you also still need to open the door of the room! Sounds silly indeed, but many make mistakes in calculating the size of the room because it does not take into account the space to open the door.
So, adjust the size of the mattress with the size of your room. If you really want a wide mattress but do not have enough space to store things, you can consider buying a bed with a storage bed model, so you will have a wide mattress and enough space to store things.
There Are Prices, There Are Quality
The best mattress is not always the most expensive, but maybe not the cheapest either. Remember, the possibility of low prices will reduce the comfort level of the mattress.
You can ask other people’s opinions about a product or see product reviews if you intend to buy it online.
There are many choices of types of mattresses that can be found in stores nowadays. You can find a choice of mattresses based on the material, such as cotton mattresses, spring beds, latex mattresses, to foam mattresses.
The most popular brands right now are Tempur-pedic spring beds, Setra mattresses and Beautyrest Mattress. Before buying mattress it’s a good idea to check the quality of the spring that holds the foam; the closer, the better in supporting the body.
While latex mattresses are more elastic than spring beds and are better in terms of absorbing body shocks. You can read the full explanation of spring bed and latex mattresses here.
In addition to the material, you can also ask in more detail about the features of the mattress you want to buy. Already many of the mattress manufacturers today issued mattresses with technology that can adjust to the needs of buyers, such as mattresses with special technology that can reduce the heat from the body during sleep.
Some are also equipped with 3D Fabric that promises a more comfortable sleep quality, to the mattress technology that has extra support to support the health of the wearer’s backbone.
Many people make the mistake of buying a mattress right away. To find the right mattress, you can do research first. Ask a friend, try a number of different models of mattresses in the store, sleep in a good hotel to try the mattress, and many other ways to find the mattress that you desire so far.
As an additional suggestion, do not buy a mattress when you are tired or sleepy, because at such times all mattresses will feel comfortable. If you already have a plan to replace an old mattress, here are some coupons for the price of the mattress that you might be interested to buy:
- Shop the Summer Save & Sleep Event and Save up to $300 on our Top-Rated Brands. PLUS, Get a Free Adjustable Base When You Spend $699+. Shop Now at MattressFirm.com!
Valid Through: 7/22 – 8/18
- Shop the Summer Save & Sleep Event and Save up to 50% off Our Best-Selling Brands. Get a Queen Mattress Starting at $299.99! Save Big on Select Sleepy’s, Beautyrest and Serta Now at MattressFirm.com!Valid Through: 7/22 – 8/18
- Save up to $500 on the Tempur-Adapt® Adjustable Mattress Set. PLUS, Get $300 Toward Select Tempur-Pedic Sleep Accessories at Checkout Now at MattressFirm.com! Valid Through: 7/19 – 8/3
- Take 50% off the Sleepy’s Memory Foam Mattress Collection! Get a Queen Starting at $299.99. Shop Now at MattressFirm.com! Valid Through: 7/22 – 8/18
- Take 40% off a Beautyrest Greenwood Queen Mattress. Was $699.99, Now $419.99! Shop Now at MattressFirm.com!Valid Through: 7/22 – 8/18
- Take 40% off a Beautyrest BR800 Queen Mattress. Was $599.99, Now $359.99! Shop Now at MattressFirm.com! Valid Through: 7/22 – 8/18
- Take 40% off a Serta Elkins Queen Mattress. Was $599.99, Now $359.99! Shop Now at MattressFirm.com!Valid Through: 7/22 – 8/18
- Take 25% off Select Tempur-Pedic® Pillows Now at MattressFirm.com!Valid Through: 7/19 – 8/3